Did you know that there are many companies out there that are paying people to optimize and manage their social media presence? Well, that’s exactly, what a social media consultant do. A social media consultant is a person who
1.2 Job Description
1.2.1 Job Purpose
A social media consultant develops online media campaigns to promote businesses. Social media consultant manages the online presence of companies on blogs and social networking sites.
1.2.2 Job Duties
- Design and post content on social networking sites
- Develop social media communities
- Monitor communications on social media communities
- Reply to questions, queries and complaint of customers and prospects
- Monitor and analyze the performance of social media campaigns
- Learn about new development in the industry
1.2.3 Required Skills
- An understanding of different social media network site
- Great communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Customer oriented
1.2.4 Education and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree (communication, marketing or public relations). In addition, additional training in social media is a plus. You can attend to conferences, seminars and online courses on social media management.
1.3 Why Choose Social Media Consultant
One of the perk of being a social media consultant is that you can work from anywhere. With this job comes a lot of flexibility and freedom. In addition, in this digital era, there are lot of companies that are looking for a social media consultant to manage and grow their online presence, therefore, a high potential of career and business growth.
1.4 How to become a Social Media Consultant
If you are passionate about social media networks, you are already halfway to achieve your objective. But first, you need to master the service you are offering and there are a number of online courses and videos to help you gain knowledge in the field you want to specialize. You can choose to be a social media consultant, content writer, social media copywriter, digital marketer or a social media graphic designer. Then, you start building your network with both the online and offline communities. Don’t forget to showcase your skills on social media.
1.5 Where to Market My Services
There are many online platforms where you can market your social media consulting services. Have a look at the list below.
- Fiverr is an online market where freelancers can offer their services to customers on a worldwide market.
- FlexJobs is an online platform which offers flexible jobs.
- Guru allows freelancers to work for companies all around the world.
- Hubstaff Talent is an online work marketplace that offers proof of work and time tracking for freelancers looking for a remote job.
- PeoplePerHour is a freelance hiring platform connecting freelancers to a companies around the globe.
- Upwork is an American freelancing platform offering enterprises and freelancers a place to conduct business.
Apart online platforms, you can also market your social media consulting services to your local region by using online or local directories to get their contact information.
|Time to Profit||Fast|
|Revenue Sources||Client Fees|
|Expertise in Field||Entry Level Experience|
|Learning Platform||Digital Garage, HubSpot|