A virtual assistant performs administrative tasks for their client remotely. VAs are in high demand in this digital era by entrepreneurs and online businesses. In addition, they don’t need to spend money on office location or transport. Moreover, it is also beneficial for VAs as they don’t have to commute to work and they have more free time.
1.1. Job Description
1.1.1 Job Purpose
The job description of a virtual assistant is mainly to perform administrative tasks such as answering emails, scheduling meetings, booking travel, organizing managers calenders and providing customer support.
1.1.2 Job Duties
- Respond to emails and phone calls
- Schedule meetings
- Book travel and accommodations
- Manage a contact list
- Prepare customer spreadsheets and keep online records
- Organize managers’ calendars
- Provide customer service as first point of contact
- Assist clients with any administrative tasks
1.1.3 Required Skills
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services and VoIP
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Organizational skills
- Strong internet connection is a must
1.1.4 Education and Qualifications
A college degree is not important however, it is always a plus to have one. There are also online courses that offer training on how to be a successful virtual assistant.
1.3 Why Choose Virtual Assistant
One of the main reasons to be a virtual assistant is that you can work anywhere you want to. Imagine working on a beach with a cocktail in hand, well with this type of job, your dream can become a reality. Furthermore, you get to be your own boss and you can come up with creative solutions for your clients and your business, and this is very rewarding (yeah, that change from working your ass for a company that will only increase your salary when you tell them you are leaving).
1.4 How to become a Virtual Assistant
When deciding about becoming a virtual assistant, you should research and plan the type of service you want to offer. A business plan will be a great idea before starting. Look at your finances and get the help of an expert or an accountant. Decide or your rate and if it will be per hour or per project. And then you go out to market your service. Don’t forget to use social media to connect and grow your network.
1.5 Where to Maket My Services
There are many online platforms where you can market your social media consulting services. Have a look at the list below.
- Fiverr is an online market where freelancers can offer their services to customers on a worldwide market.
- FlexJobs is an online platform which offers flexible jobs.
- Guru allows freelancers to work for companies all around the world.
- Hubstaff Talent is an online work marketplace that offers proof of work and time tracking for freelancers looking for a remote job.
- PeoplePerHour is a freelance hiring platform connecting freelancers to a companies around the globe.
- Upwork ia an American freelancing platform offering enterprises and freelancers a place to conduct business.
|Time to Profit||Fast|
|Revenue Sources||Client Fees|
|Expertise in Field||Entry Level Experience|
|Learning Platform||Blueprint, HubSpot|